Saturday, March 8, 2008

.... And We're Back!

Ok, so that was a nice vacation (I wish). We Are Publius has been on hiatus these past 2 months because I've been busy setting up some other blogging projects (the Everyday Idealist, Blogworthy, and The List), and I've been up to my eyeballs in WFI work. I've also been doing some spring cleaning (mental and blog) because I felt I was getting off-topic with WAP (less confusing than calling it Publius, since there was that other guy...), but had nowhere else to go.

My hope is that the EI will solve that problem, and allow WAP to focus better on federalism (US and otherwise) and other issues of international and global law and governance, and therefore less on the US, except as it pertains to the global picture.


I'm also floating the idea of possibly getting some of my friends in the movement (
World Federalist Movement, that is) to contribute. We shall see.

In the meantime, Federalist Paper No. 7 (remember those?) will be posted shortly (end of day), and I've got some topics I've been saving to write about.

I'm still growing into both blogging and We Are Publius - both what my intentions are and what it means to have set this responsibility for myself. Expect that I'll continue to make changes to both the format and content. I'd like to bring in more outside links and make a wider range of resources available. And as I develop the WFI's webpages, the resources I find most useful will be linked here.

I'm a little ambivalent about short posts with just links, but I don't see them disappearing. I read somewhere that a really good article is one about which you have nothing further to say. As part of Publius, I want to share those articles, even if I have nothing to add to the debate. But it is easy to substitute them for originial content, and I don't want to do that either. Either way (with or without short entries), I think I'd like my posting to be a tad more judicious.

Final housekeeping details: all old WAP posts are still available and I'm testing a calendar feature to manage Today in Federalism announcements.


We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: